In most battles, war tanks are essential. There are various war-tanks utilized by the US. Military, the following are a few of them. They include;
- Ford 3-Ton M1918 Tank: This is regarded as the first of its kind, very light, and produced by the United States. The properties were a one-gun tank, small two-man, known for a maximum speed rate of 8 mph and armed with an M1919 Browning machine gun. In the year 1918, the design meant for the 3-ton tank commenced. This was initiated in order that another tank apart from the Renault FT can be used. It was designed to support the 3-Ton, two-man tank. The two model T-ford engines are operated from the driver’s side and in front, alongside the gunner which used a .30/06 machine gun, which is an M-1917-Marlin or M-1919-Marlin on a restricted mounted traverse.
Although there was a budget to supply 15,000 of those vehicles, the United States Tanks Corps were not pleased with the features. Only fifteen of these original vehicles were produced after the contract ended due to the occurrence of the Armistice.
- Abrams Tank: The MI has been the number one war tank for the Army since 1980.It can operate in any weather condition and has delivered excellent firepower against heavily armed enemies. The M1A1and the M1A2 adds advanced thermal sensors, powerful upgrading techniques and nuclear, biological and chemical survival chances.
- M2/M3 Bradley Fighting Vehicle (BFV): This powerful tank acts as a transportation means for the troops and can also protect and act as a cover during firearm exchange. The Bradley fighting vehicle protects from enemy attacks, helicopters, and heavily armed vehicles. The M2 Infantry version serves as the firepower and coordinated movement for the army. The M3 Cavalry tank was created for combat intelligence and missions dealing with the security of the country.
- Cougar: The Armored Vehicle General Purpose (AVGP) is also referred to as the Cougar. This is used for tactical support and for armored protection.
- Stryker: This tank is strong and fast. It is known to spread a lot of soldiers, provide cover during an attack from enemies and operate quickly in close urban landscapes. The Stryker is known to perform different functions like the engineering squad transport, Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) launchers, and the medical evacuation.
- M1117 Guardian: This device tank is majorly used as a security armored vehicle for transporting soldiers back to safety. This M1117 comprises of different sides of armor to cover firearms, improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and Shrapnel. It can also contain the M2HB Browning machine gun and the MK 19 Green Launcher.
- M-ATV: The M-ATV is used to solve different problems. Examples are providing light, surveillance, transportation and defense mechanisms.
- RG-31 Nyala: This tank can be used as a resistant to a blast equivalent to two TM-57 mines for non-tanks. Also, the Nyala is designed to meet different needs as a mine-resistant ambush protected armored war tank.